Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Death of the Jester

ALAMOGORDO, New Mexico -- Oh I say! My dear Jester, I do believe you just signed your own death warrant with that last ill-advised comment of yours. Capital, old chap. I was just in the mood for a good mauling. Poetic justice, what? I believe you will find the Teddybear to be anything but cuddly.

It is at momentous times such as these that I must echo with deep reverence, the thoughts of the late Julius Robert Oppenheimer after witnessing Trinity:
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that one way or another.
I guess, you won’t get to graduate from Clown School after all. So long, and thanks for all the comments.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

One Word ............Megalomanic

Big Kahuna said...

Tell me something I don't already know :-p