Friday, December 16, 2005

Fighting Fire with Fire

Fire (Copyright © 2005 The Real Kahuna)

KENDALIYADDAPALUWA, Ganemulla -- I have emerged from my self-imposed exile to show you clowns why I am The Real Kahuna. Let this post be an example.

So far I have seen posts from clowns who are promoting themselves [as a "sure winner"], clowns setting fires in order to win their own competition, and even bigger clowns who are more interested in the EXIF data [read: aperture, shutter speed, resolution] of their images than the [quasi-bogus] content itself.

To the EXIF freak, I ask of you, why don't you post the serial number of your camera as well? - I'm sure this will enhance the artistic value. To the arsonist, I will report your non-competitive practices to KNN if you don't watch it. To the Sure Winner, I must say you sure have done a good job of highlighting the curvature of the architecture of buildings near James Street, or more likely the barrel distortion of your [photographic] equipment!

Watch this space for an entire series on anthropology (the study of ants) and alternative light sources coming up soon. Just for the record, this image captured with a Sony DSC-D770. EXIF data available on request.

6 comments:

Darth Teddy said...

Barrel Distortion huh ? Have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately ?

Big Kahuna said...

Heh heh! This would explain why he uses a concave mirror. But, I concur. Let he who is not distorted like a barrel cast the first shadow.

Darth Teddy said...

Concave mirror my foot ... Due to affairs of the barrel the only mirror large enough will have to be put up in a cave ...

Big Kahuna said...

For someone who’s just been shat upon by a pelican, you certainly are full of it. May a whole bunch of white pelicans (Pelecanus onocrotalus) line up and group shit upon you when you try to take your next photograph!

eshan said...

copy cat!

eshan said...

My fire is better than your fire. :@